Talking about lobsters, it gives many of us a scary feeling. The lobster with its eye’s protruding out gives our heart a shiver. However, a tasty lobster is the one which is alive. Therefore to get the divine taste of a live lobster, we must become its assassin. If we are able to remove the aversion, fear and guilt, then a bite from a giant lobster will surely set aside all the considerations.
The easiest way to kill a lobster is to either drop it in boiling water or plunge a knife at its back.
Here are three awesome seafood recipes of live lobster:
Recipe 1: Boiled lobster
A pound of lobster gives around 2 cups of meat. Take a large kettle or a pot and put 2 ½ quarts of water per lobster. Add two to four table spoon of salt to that water. When the water starts boiling, plunge one lobster at a time, head first into that kettle. After all the live lobsters have made the kettle their home, lower the heat, cover the kettle and shimmer. If the lobsters are 1 to 1 ¼ pound hard shelled, then allow 15 minutes and if the lobsters weigh 1 ½ to 2 pounds, allow 20 minutes of boiling time. If the lobsters are of soft shell, they cook more rapidly. Therefore in case of soft shell lobsters, the looking time is at least 3 minutes lesser. Once the boiling is done, test whether the lobsters are ready by pulling the antenna of a lobster. If it comes out easily, the lobster is done.
Recipe 2 steamed live lobster
Fill a large pot of water. Add 2 table spoons of salt. Put in all the lobsters, one at a time, once the water comes to a rolling boil. Steaming takes more time than boiling. For 1 ¼ pound hard shell lobster, it takes around 18 to 20 minutes. For a lobster of 1 ½ pound, it takes around 20 to 25 minutes for steaming. In case of soft shell live lobsters, the steaming time is again 3 minutes lesser than that of hard shell live lobsters.
Recipe 3 White lobster chili
- 2 small "chicken" lobsters
- 2 onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups great northern beans
- 1 tsp ground toasted cumin
- 4 stalks celery
- 2 carrot
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 cloves garlic
- cracked pepper
Dice an onion, celery and the carrot into large pieces. Place these in a large pot along with bay leaf, pepper and 3 quarts of water. Bring the entire ingredients to boil. Now put the live lobsters into a pot and boil it for 15 minutes. Once the boiling is done, strain the broth and keep it aside.
Dice another onion finely along with celery and the carrot. Heat olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion, celery and the carrot until it turns brown. Add garlic and sauté some more.
Add water, chili powder, cumin and white beans and cook for the next 45 minutes. Now remove the shells from the lobsters’ bodies and chop them roughly. Once that is done, add them to the soup. Finish dressing the soup with cream and cilantro. Then season the soup with salt and paper. Seafood recipes are ready to serve.
Related Online Articles:
- Own a Garden Gnome to beautify your garden
- Business Visa Grant Eligibility and Required Documentation Information
- Compare all items of your need to get the best ever deals from us
- W2 and 1099 Reporting is Faster and Greener Than Ever with PDF Electronic Printing Feature in ezW2 S
- Pipette Recalibration and Servicing
- Share your questions and get the answers
- ERP Implementation How to Implement ERP Software Successfully
- Come to us for a excellent delivery experience
- Did you know you can use storage units to keep that old fashioned table
- eface media is a full service ad agency offering advertising, web design and development, and video
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.