Jerusalem Old City is said to be the oldest and the holiest city in the world. It has a history that takes you back to the 4th millennium BC. The old city is full of sites that are holy and thus attracts pilgrims from all over the world. It is a belief that anyone who is a Christian, Jew or Muslim must once pay visit to this holy place. Jerusalem is in the center of the globe and is claimed by all religions. The old city is filling with plenty of temples and ruins that any visitor can visit. The old city of Jerusalem has a very strong combination of the Jewish and Arab culture.
Its main attraction is in the overcrowded cities, local shops selling souvenirs and some remains of the roman dynasty. The Tower of David is where King David had his resting place. But the main focal point of attraction is where Jesus is said to have been crucified.
Also, it has the famous wailing wall, which was once called the Solomon temple. The wall has lots and lots of scribbled messages to God that are hidden behind the stones. The wall is usually a very enchanting place for the tourists to come and get a firsthand experience of some common Jewish rituals. The dome of the rock represents the holiest place of the Islam religion. Out of all the famous museums, the Citadel, the Bible and the Israel Museum are worth seeing.
Related Online Articles:
- Paragliding in Manali - Solang Valley Slopes
- Honeymoon Package in Australia to Enjoy the Romantic and Lovely Honeymoon
- Singapore Travel Guide and Famous Destination to travel in Singapore
- 12 Jyotirlingas Travel Information Lord Shiva Pilgrimage Destinations
- Private jet charter is the perfect solution for business travelers
- Rajasthan Travel Packages
- Travel Article
- Mount Abu Tourist Places, Hill Station Travel Guide
- Honeymoon Trip in Europe to Enjoy the Romantic Honeymoon
- Cheap and Best of Rajasthan Tour Packages
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.