Mount Abu is the sole hill station in Rajasthan. Some times in the olden days it was the summer residence of the Rajputs and later for British. But today it is the most attractive place of the desert state. It is perched on the highest peak of Aravali Range in Rajasthan. It is spread over an area of 25 km and is located at an altitude of 1219 meters above sea level. It is 185 km from Udaipur. It is known as the 'Oasis of the Desert' as it is full of beautiful lakes, rivers, waterfalls and verdant forests. Apart from this, the holy shrines also form a part of Mount Abu. For these reasons this place is famous among the tourists.
Tourists can reach to Mount Abu by the following means of transport.
By Air: Nearest airport is Udaipur which is at a distance of around 185 km. it is nearest from Mount Abu. From Udaipur one can get direct flights to cities like Delhi, Mumbai and Jaipur.
By Rail: Nearest railway station is Mount Abu which is around 28 km from Abu. It forms the nearest rail link. It is connected properly and easily to the major cities in and around Rajasthan.
By Road: There is a good network of road which links Mount Abu with the key cities in India. Any tourist can easily get buses as well as taxis to and from cities like Ajmer, Delhi, Bundi, Jaipur, Ahmedabad and Udaipur.
There are many tourist attractions in Mount Abu. Some of its major tourist attractions are
Dilwara Jain Temples: It is one of the most revered sites of Jain pilgrimage in India. One must visit to this temple.
Gaumukh Temple: It is said that this temple marks the venue where Sage Vashishtha conducted his yagna.
Nakki Lake: If you are looking for peace and calm then you must visit Nakki Lake.
Wildlife Sanctuary: It is a place for the nature lovers. It is located amidst the Aravali mountainous ranges. Here you can enjoy beautiful wildlife experience.
Sunset Point: This lookout point offers beautiful views of sunset as well as the serrated landscape of the hill station.
Museum and Art Gallery: In museum there is a rich collection of rare antiques, ancient paintings and sculptures to tribal huts, tribal ornaments and tribal weapons.
Some other attractions are number of parks. Other attractions are Adhar Devi Temple, Shri Raghunathji temple, Honey Point and Raj Bhawan.
Related Online Articles:
- London Hotels You Can View and Book Online, While Saving Money
- Singapore Travel Guide and Famous Destination to travel in Singapore
- Theme based Tour Packages in India
- Singapore Travel Destination and Tourist Attractions in Singapore
- Holiday destination in India to Enjoy the Holidays and Indian Travel Packages
- A Pleasurable Yet Economical Trip To Dingle
- Paragliding in Manali - Solang Valley Slopes
- In fact when a person is also very good
- Private jet charter is the perfect solution for business travelers
- Discover Taj Mahal - One of the Perfect Architectural Creations of the World
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.