This is an endeavour to keep you updated about the GD topics and interview questions that have figured in the MBA selection process in different institutes in the past few years. It is a compilation of the actual questions that have been put to the candidates from different background. We hope this would give you a good insight of what you are likely to experience on the D-day.
- Describe your self.
- Questions on social service, hobbies (cricket), commercialization of cricket were asked.
- The recent that you have read. (Biography of Indira Gandhi)
- Mention three bold decision taken by Indira Gandhi in her political career.
- Question on favourite subject accounts were asked .
- What is the difference between an economist's and a CA's interpretation of Fixed cost and Variable cost.
- What are quick assets and liabilities?
- Draw and explain break even point
- What is the positive impact of corruption and need for privatization
- Two most important things that will concern you if you were railway minister.
- If Indian railway was suffering from 10000 crore deficit and you had to increase the fare which fare will you increase freight or passenger?
- Who was the grandfather of Ashoka?
- Mention 5 use of eraser.
- Why did you leave your first job?
- Are you satisfied with your career?
- Do you want to ask anything from us?
Following questions were asked for the interview of IIM-A
- Candidate's background B. Tech - ElectricalWhat is distribution system ?
- What is the principle behind an Induction motor ?
- How will you differentiate between an AC and DC motor ?
- What is power factor ?
- What is the concept of Transformer ?
- Final year of project and many cross questions related to it, where asked.
- How many functions have you organized during your engineering ?
- How will you organize Hasya Kavi Sammelan ?
- Differentiate between the style of Surendra Kumar and Shail Chaturvedi.
Candidate background B. Tech - Civil
- Questions on structure design.
- How is the load in a cantilever distributed ?
- How will design of a beam ?
- How is stress distributed in a structure ?
- Why do you want to do MBA ?
- Questions on work experience.
Candidate background BBS
- What is sampling principle?
- How will you draw a distribution curve?
- Questions on standard deviation.
- How will you explain variance?
- Do you really need to go for MBA as you have already graduated in Business?
- Questions on work experience.
Candidate background B. Tech - Chemical
- Which chemical is used in perfumes?
- Which chemical is used in shampoo products?
- Mention few applications of methane?
- Why do want to do MBA and in which stream?
- Which company do you wish to join after MBA?
- Questions on hobbies and extra curricular activities.
- How many calls do you have?
Candidate background BA
- EconomicsWhat does success means to you?
- How will you define failure?
- What were you asked at your interview at other IIM's?
- Questions were asked on the basis of forms.
Following questions were asked at IIM-A prior to 2004
- What courses do you have in this semester?
- What Laplace transformation?
- Which other calls do you have?
- Questions on Sensex.
- Do you have a job? How long do you plan to work there?
- What are gabardines, Oxford wear, plain wear?
- What are G-7 countries? Can you name them.
- What is a Nuclear power? Can you name a few.
- Ringitt is the currency of which country?
- SE Asian crisis.
- Problems of Textile industry.
- Questions about Rajat Sood, my batchmate.
- Questions on Family.
- Where does US rank in population?
- Along discussion on Iridium.
- How do optical fibres work?
- What is the difference between data and voice transmission?
- What is GDP, fiscal deficit, excise duty, sales tax and octroi tax?
- Difference between mobile vs. land phones (PSTN).
- What should be done to improve the state of Internet in India?
- How will you increase penetration of computers in India?
- What is regression and correlation?
- What is diamond-water thrift?
- What does my name and surname mean?
- What is the relation between P&L account, balance sheet?
- What are the sources and uses of funds?
- Names of some management gurus.
- What are deep interest bonds?
- What do you know about Sec 80, 88 of taxation?
- What is double/triple taxation bond?
- Mention all the subjects of your graduation.
- What is the difference between diminishing and decreasing returns?
- Should doctors be governed by an ethical code of conduct?
- What developments have occurred in Kosovo during the past 24 hours?
- How will you prepare a fund flow statement?
- What were you doing for the last three hours?
- What are your impressions about the panel?
- What questions do you expect from us?
- You are from Asansol, they why are you studying in Delhi?
- State Boyle's law.
- Define Kepler's laws.
- What is the importance of Ellipse in Physics?
- What is the difference between an ellipse, hyperbola and parabola?
- What do you know about TRAI?
- What do you about Lahore-bus-trip of the PM?
- Why a shift from science to management?
- What is the difference between preference and normal shares?
- Speak for a minute on ICICI.
- Which game requires most energy?
- What is the difference between a manager and an entrepreneur?
- Mention major features of Budget.
- Questions on cricket and badminton.
- What are five fastest sports?
- What is your opinion of the case study?
- How did Career Launcher help you?
- Who did the reorganization of India? What were the criteria?
- What are your career goals? Have you prepared the answer?
- Is a girls' college better?
- Why would you prefer IIMA from IIFT?
- Why is Bihar is so low on development inspite of being politically so aware?
- What do you know about Enron controversy?
- Is the division of districts into smaller parts desirable?
- What is your opinion Women Reservation Bill?
- What is indifference curve, plot it? Why is it convex? Example of a concave curve.
Related Online Articles:
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.