This is an endeavour to keep you updated about the GD topics and interview questions that have figured in the MBA selection process in different institutes in the past few years. It is a compilation of the actual questions that have been put to the candidates from different background. We hope this would give you a good insight of what you are likely to experience on the D-day.
Following questions were asked for the interview of IIM-B in 2004
1. What is your career vision?
2. What was your project in Final year?
3. Why do you want to do MBA now? Why don't first work and then do MBA?
4. What are your hobbies?
5. What type of books do you like to read? This was followed by further questions on the books mentioned.
6. Questions on job profile & work experience were asked.
7. How does MBA from IIM- B going to help you to achieve your goals?
8. Where do you see yourself 5 years down the line?
9. How good you are in Maths?
10. How HRD ministry decision regarding IIMs fee cut going to effect students?
11. What is your career vision and how do you plan to achieve it?
12. Why was there a gap of one year in your academics?
13. What are your special achievements so far?
14. What would you like to achieve?
15. A number of questions on social service were asked.
16. Questions on BPO & Anti outsourcing.
17. Comment on the performance of Infosys.
18. What you don't like in yourself?
19. Why should we select you?
20. What is your favorite subject?
21. What is operating system? Mention few operating systems?
22. What will you choose, a job offer of Rs 10 Lakhs p.a. or IIM- B selection?
23. What alternative do you have if you are not selected?
24. What is central limiting theorem?
25. What is sampling method?
26. How do you decide the size of the sample?
Following questions were asked at IIM-B prior to 2004
1.What is your response to the fact that students do not attend classes in DCE? Did you attend?
2. What do you know about IIM-B classes?
3. What did you learn at your coaching classes?
4. Why do you want to do MBA? Why not work as an engineer?
5. Who is an entrepreneur?
6. What is IT enabled industry? Give some examples.
7. Which events have you organized?
8. At which position you play in basketball?
9. What is Karl Malone known as?
10. Which program do you watch on TV?
11. Questions on favourite subject (digital electronics).
12. Did anyone outside tell you that we do not know anything about it?
13. How does a cell phone work? What are the major companies providing the service?
14. How is that signals of various operators do not clash?
15. How does digital TV work?
16. Do you want to know anything else about IIM-B?
17. Why shift from software to MBA?
18. Why do you want to do MBA?
19. What are products?
20. In which direction is Indian industry heading?
21. Name some companies and products manufactured by them.
22. Who is a venture capitalist?
23. As a venture capitalist, what would look for in a software company?
1. Questions on background.
2. Questions on accounting concepts.
3. Compare Banking with MBA as a career?
4. What are the various forms of dances? Which one do you know?
5. What is the most recent book that you have read? What have you learnt from it?
6. Questions of principles of accounting.
7. What does dy/dx mean?
8. What is point of influx?
9. What are the emerging issues in finance?
10. What is capital account convertibility?
1. Question on Idol(Peter Drucker) .
2. Which books of Peter Drucker have you read? How has it helped you to understand management?
3. How did you contribute to your physics society?
4. State Heisenberg uncertainty principle.
5. A discussion on "A brief history of time" by Stephen Hawkings.
6. Questions on quantum theory, gravity and elementary particles.
7. What is standard deviation? What if it is 0?
8. What is the weight of a squash racquet?
9. Do you watch movies?
10. Speak for 2 minutes on Akshay Kumar.
11. Should the interview be general or specific?
12. How do you relate Botany, law, Management and Computer?
13. Name five botanists who contributed to the society.
14. Questions on Rabri govt. and IPKF were asked.
15. What is LAN, WAN?
16. Questions on botany were asked.
1. What is marginal cost?
2. Is replacement cost a marginal cost?
3. Which one is a marginal cost, regular labour or contractual labour?
4. Is salary is a marginal cost?
5. If workers increase, what would happen?
6. What is the characteristics of cost function?
7. What are the characteristics of step function?
8. What is break-even point?
9. Who were the last two governors of RBI?
10. What do you hill resorts of Tamilnadu?
11. Which rivers merge at Sunderbans river basin?
12. What is economies of scale?.
13. You are a MD of a company which is selling pencils for last 15 years. It wants to sell pens now. What would you do?
14. Three equations were given viz: Cost + Profit = Price; Price - Cost = Profit; Price - Profit = Cost; used by three different businessmen respectively. Can you comment on their psyche?
15. What is a PSU?
16. You are an MD of a rural bank, how would you decrease costs?
17. Compare pre-1991 BOP situation with current scenario.
Related Online Articles:
- Interview Guidelines - Part 8
- MBA Interview Questions Part 1
- MBA Interview Questions Part 3
- Java: Interview Questions Part 1
- Interview Guidelines - Part 7
- Interview Guidelines - Part 2
- MBA Interview Questions Part 4
- 101 Interview Questions for Software Developers
- 20 Interview Mistakes
- Interview Guidelines - Part 1
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.