This is an endeavour to keep you updated about the GD topics and interview questions that have figured in the MBA selection process in different institutes in the past few years. It is a compilation of the actual questions that have been put to the candidates from different background. We hope this would give you a good insight of what you are likely to experience on the D-day.
A sample of questions that were asked in XLRI 2005
- Introduce yourself?
- What has been the worst Moment of your life?
- Technical questions (typical technical questions from electronic engineering)
- Relate your engineering branch with business management course
- How will you use your engineering skill in helping Tsunami victims.
- What will you do if you are not selected?
- Prove that MBA is suitable to expand your skills?
- Why do you want to do MBA now?
- What is your long-term goal?
- How will you help Tsunami Victims? What have you done so far?
- You are from which place?
- YSR Vs Chandrababu Naidu( candidate was from Andhra Pradesh)?
- How do you rate Chandrababu Naidu's efforts in developing Hyderabad?
- What was the effect of tsunami in Hyderabad ? what was your reaction to it?
- How does Electronics engineering relate to MBA ?
Following questions were asked for the interview of XLRI in 2004 for BMD
BE (Computer Science)
- Questions on stock exchange were asked.
- How will you invest money in shares?
- What are mutual funds?
- What is the difference between C & C++?
- How will you design an interface in VB?
- Write a Swap program without using any other variable.
- What is a microprocessor?
- What were your subjects in graduation and which one was your favorite?
- Questions on engineering mathematics were asked.
- Questions on operation research were asked.
- Questions on marketing strategies were asked.
- Why don't you work for 2 years and then go for MBA?
- What others calls did you get apart from XLRI?
- How will you cope with the pressure of doing MBA since you said that you are not a hard working person?
- What are Bulls and Bears?
- How do sensex functions?
- What is your opinion on the disinvestments in public sector?
- Should India spend more on defense?
- What is India's spending on agricultural sector?
- Questions based on essay were asked.
- Questions by the candidate were asked.
- What is your favourite subject?
- Did you enquire from the candidates before you, what questions were they asked? Why didn't you try to find out in detail?
- What is encryption?
- What are your interests?
- Two minute extempore on "do women make better managers?"
- Candidate was given 4-6 matchsticks, and he had to arrange them under different constraints.
Following questions were asked for the interview of XLRI in 2004 for PMIR
- What is PM & IR?
- How will plan to you stop strikes in companies? Are these strikes ethical?
- How do knowledge of IT will help you to become a successful HR manager.
B A (Economics)
- Why is your score less in GK?
- Where do you see yourself 5 years from now?
- Why do you think you are good for HR?
- How are the policies in HR made?
- Why don't you do MBA after 2 years?
- Questions from subjects in graduation were asked.
- Questions on job profiles and HR exposure were asked.
- Questions on essay written were asked.
- Questions on marketing concepts studied in graduation were asked.
- Comment on tax structure in India.
- What is Keynes Model?
- What is the impact of WTO on Indian economy?
- Is there a need for labour reforms?
- What are trading blocks?
- What is unorganized sector and what are its problems?
- Do you support globalization? Do you think that it is against nationalism?
Following questions were asked at XLRI prior to 2004
- What is your opinion on boys and girls living together in hostels?
- Which one would you prefer only a boys hostel or a combined one?
- How is your dress important?
- What if people wore shorts, t-shirts, slippers to the office?
- What have you learnt from your academics?
- Questions on interests were asked.
- Questions on books read were asked.
- What is fourth estate? What are the first three estates?
- What could be the fifth estate?
- What do you know about ET&T? (father's organization).
- Do you agree that public sector is hindrance to economic growth?
- Is the media in India acting responsibly?
- Why do you want to leave the job?
- Questions on hobbies were asked.
- Describe the characters of your favourite book.
- Who is your role model?
- What is your job? Why did you choose IOC?
- What values do you espouse?
- What value addition will you get from PMIR other than a fat pay packet?
- What is PMIR?
- Differentiate between PM and IR.
- If extra-curricular hinders one's academics why pursue them?
- How will you measure improvement in performance?
- Comment on Ayn Rand's philosophy of objectivism.
- Should capital punishment be abolished?
- Why superstitions exist?
- What kind of activities were you involved in school?
- Compare your style of poetry with your father's.
- Questions on academics were asked.
- Questions on my job were asked.
- How will you disapprove that maths people make bad managers?
- What is your opinion on AIIMS strike?
- What are the characteristics and functions personnel manager?
- Do you agree that Indians are not great at science?
BSc Hons. Physics
- Question on Babri Masjid and Ayodhya issue were asked.
- The following case was given: You are a manager of a transport company. The company's policy is that every driver and conductor should shave so he is morepresentable. One day a conductor comes and he has not shaved. What will you do?
- How do you fit in XLRI without work experience?
BA Hons., Econ.
- What qualities should a personnel manager possess?
- How would you select a candidate if all candidates are on par?
- Mention major problems with Indian labour laws.
- What is labour welfare?
- What is the relevance of economics in HR?
- Discuss demand and supply of labour.
- In depth questions on weaknesses were asked.
BA Hons. Econ.
- Why do you want to do management?
- In which countries have you lived and how do they compared with India?
- Why the financial markets not being revived?
- What are your solutions for revival?
- What are the implications of buyback options?
A sample of questions that were asked in FMS 2005
- General awareness based questions on Jharkhand episode, budget 2005 and economic survey etc.
- Mention some leading companies of your core sector( the candidate had work ex).
- When was planning commission formed and which five year plan is being followed now?.
- Why in 55 years only 10 five year plans have come?
- Tell us about ISO 14000 ( the candidate had a background in environmental engg.)
- Why are you working for present company?
- What is the difference between a mentor and a coach?
- What are public ltd. and private ltd. companies?
- What is the relevance of limited at the end?
- Why do you want to join FMS? Any other call that you have?, justify your priority order, of joining them
- Freshers were grilled on academics.
Following questions were asked for the interview of FMS in 2004
- How will you spend money in shares?
- Compare Inzamam-ul-haq and Saurav Ganguly as captains.
- Comment on India's performance in Cricket
- Why do you want to leave your job?
- Questions on extra curricular activities were asked.
- How many autobiographies you have read so far? Which one do you like the most?
- Questions on higher mathematics were asked.
- Define standard deviation, integral calculus, parabola, hyperbola.
- Questions based on projects and work experience were asked.
- What is your company's most important product and what is it's value in the market?
- Who are your competitors?
- How will you establish your product in the market?
- Mention 10 uses of this pen.
- What are the various types of marketing strategies?
- How can you sell your product in the market?
- What are the applications of linear algebra?
- Differentiate between differentiation & integration.
- What are the applications of Standard deviation?
- Which the most recent book you have read?
- What habits you admired the most from "7 habits of highly effective people"?
- Differentiate between aggression & assertiveness.
- Questions on India today Conclave were asked.
Following questions were asked at FMS prior to 2004
- Differentiate between globalization and liberalization.
- Differentiate between transnational and multinational companies.
- What is your goal?
- What do you know about gold deposit scheme?
- What do you know about US-64?
- Comment on swadeshi vs liberalization.
- What are open-ended and closed-ended mutual funds?
- Why do you look so mature?
- What are your hobbies?
- Comment on Y2K problem.
- Comment on effects of budget on software industry.
- Mention north-east states and their capitals.
- What are the different types of communication?
- What is transactional analysis?
- Mention three strengths and three weaknesses of Indian economy.
- Questions on hobby (executive writing) were asked.
- Differentiate between fraud and misrepresentation.
- Differentiate between public limited company and private limited company
- Questions on work experience were asked.
- Which languages used most frequently in computers?
- What was your job profile in my last company?
- Mention a botanist who is a CEO of a company.
- How can people from botany background become good managers?
- What is the current industrial growth rate?
- What is the current interest rate?
- What does your surname means?
- What percentage of software professionals are migratory?
- Is farsightedness good or bad?
- Mention five pairs of homophones.
- Why is a chip called a chip?
- What is a bio chip?
- Why do you want to do management after MCA?
- What is the square root of 0.1?
- What is the square of 0.01.
- What do you know about Navratnas?
- Why your marks are poor?
- What is central tendency?
- What are the uses of geometric mean? with work experience Why will you leave your job?
- Which other calls have you got?
- Rank the IIMs.
- What is micro-economics?
- A sample of questions that were asked in IIFT 2005
- Why international business?
- What are your expectations from IIFT ?
- what is the value of Iindia`s export?
- Major export and import items?
- One of the panel was taking stress interviews with a heavy tilt towards hardcore academics?
- Why most of the candidates read similar books like snapshots from hell, who moved my cheese, the present etc.?
- What all other options you have, how do you rate them vis a vis IIFT?
- Most of the interviews had an HR tiltand focussed on why IIFT?
Related Online Articles:
- MBA Interview Questions Part 3
- Interview Guidelines - Part 6
- Whats New with Newcastle Jobs
- MBA Interview Questions Part 4
- Interview Guidelines - Part 1
- HR Interview Questions and Answers
- MBA Interview Questions Part 1
- Interview Guidelines - Part 5
- Interview Guidelines - Part 4
- 101 Interview Questions for Software Developers
No comment yet. Be the first to post a comment.